S+B James is committed to creating projects that are environmentally friendly. We take our stewardship responsibility very seriously. As a team, we work closely with our customers to identify green building design opportunities that will achieve their project goals. We feel that the development of green strategies should be based on both environmental impact and project specific requirements.
We design our projects to be as energy efficient as possible, often exceeding building and energy code standards. We assist our clients in learning about related tax incentives, payback periods and projected installation and operating costs during the design process. This approach allows our clients to decide early in the process which green initiatives they want to incorporate into their project.
S+B James strives to be an industry leader in green design and construction. Our commitment is reflected by our membership in the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) as well as our in-house experienced design and construction staff. Our staff have designed and constructed a wide range of projects employing green technologies. Project types include: industrial, commercial, retail, institutional, health care, and educational projects.
- In-house design team headed by David Thruston, A.I.A., who has a Master of Architecture degree in Energy Conscious Design, with over 28 years of related experience.
- In-house LEED Accredited Professionals on staff (LEED AP BD+C).
- Access to U.S. Green Building Council member resources.
- Specialized software for comparative building systems analysis.
- Extensive experience in designing and constructing green projects.